- Retention of Bush-era tax brackets through the 2011 and 2012 tax years;
- Retention of the capital gains tax rate of 15 percent for assets sold or disposed of during 2011 and 2012;
- Reduction of payroll taxes for employees and self-employed individuals during 2011;
- Extension of numerous energy efficiency credits through December 31, 2011, including: the Energy Efficient New Homes, Energy Efficient Existing Homes, and Energy Efficient Buildings credits.
Blog :: 2010
TO PEOPLE...TO COMMUNITIES... TO AMERICA.
Studies show that home ownership has a significant positive impact on net worth, educational achievement, civic participation, health and overall quality of life. That's why, more than 100 years, REALTORS have helped people find their piece of the American Dream. Now, with some questioning whether home ownership is still good for America, it's more important than ever to stand up for home ownership...in your community and it the nation's capital. Find out more about why Home Ownership Matters, how the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS, is standing up for it, and how you can help spread the word, at REALTOR.org/homeownership.
WHY HOME OWNERSHIP MATTERS
- Home owners are happier and healthier and enjoy a greater feeling of control over their lives.
- Owning a home is one of the best ways to build long-term wealth. Historically, a home owner's net worth has ranged from 31 to 46 times that of a renter.
- Home owners are free to redecorate, renovate, and modify their homes as they wish.
- most home owners enjoy stable housing costs-a fixed-rate mortgage payment might not change for 15 to 30 years while rent typically increases 3% a year.
- Home owners can typically deduct mortgage interest and property taxes on their federal individual income tax return.
- People who own homes vote more, volunteer more and contribute more to their neighborhoods.
- Home owners do not more as frequently as renters, providing more neighborhood stability. In turn this stability helps reduce crime and supports neighborhood upkeep.
- Children of home owners do better in school, stay in school longer, are more likely to participate in organized activities and spend less time on front of the television.
- 67% of American households are owner-occupied. America is a nation of home owners.
- Home owners pay 80 to 90% of federal individual income taxes, contributing to federal programs that benefit all Americans.
- Every home purchased pumps $60,000 into the economy for furniture, home improvements and related items.
- Housing accounts for more than 15% of the national Gross Domestic Product, a key driver of our natioinal economy.
- For these reasons and more, home ownership is the American Dream!
Northrup Associates has participated in the sale of 82% ( 14 of 17) homes currently UNDER AGREEMENT in Lynnfield.
*According to MLS as of 5/14/10
Article Courtesy of Peabody & Lynnfield Weekly News
Northrup Associates specializes in the sale of luxury property in Lynnfield. We have a superb and extensive portfolio of luxury property in the area, available in prime locations throughout the town including new property, resale property, and land.
2009 was a terrific year for luxury real estate in Lynnfield. Our agents really made the difference; they are knowledgeable, understand the market, and have the know-how to make things happen.
Even with an increasing local market, we have found that this is still an apprehensive time for those buying and selling property. Now more than ever, accurate pricing, effective marketing, and experienced representation make all the difference.
|This relatively new Colonial style home on Sagamore Golf Course is a beautiful addition to the Lynnfield luxury real estate market. A two-story foyer, granite counters, stainless appliances, and a fire placed living room are just a few of the amenities this luxurious home provides. View more details here.|
At Northrup Associates we led the region on almost every major category of performance and most noteworthy is the fact that the average sales price for a single family, luxury home in Lynnfield increased by 300% over the past twelve months.